Do you feel foot pain? What causes it and what helps to cure it?
In the past, people used to walk around barefoot, no matter the temperature or whether it rained or not. It is hard to imagine that these days. And it’s even harder to walk down a street without longingly looking into the shop widows with shoes and not admire all the modern and designer pieces that we would all like to have at home. Unfortunately, we tend to prioritize quantity over quality quite often.
Updated on 26-sep 2023
Table of contents
- Why is my foot hurting?
- Places where the foot hurts
- Immediate waning signals – short-term effects
- Corns (chicken eye)
- Ingrown toenails
- Mycoses – Onychomycoses and Athlete’s foot
- When the warning signals are ignored – long-term effects
- Fallen vaults
- Hallux valgus – crooked big toe and hammer toes
- Heel spurs and bony ridges on the heel bone
- Back pain and poor posture
- Joint pain
- Problems need to be addressed in the beginning
- Barefoot as a prevention
- Barefoot shoes